Overview of the Duties of the School Community Council
The School Community Council (SCC) is a shared governance council formed by the parents and staff of Dilworth Elementary in accordance with state law. The SCC was established in 1974 by the Salt Lake School Board, which has empowered each SCC to make decisions regarding their school as a cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions within that school. Its membership should represent school employees and parents or guardians of students. Ideas for discussion topics may be generated by any individual or group in the school community.
Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by Utah state statute include the following:
• Develop a School Improvement Plan (SIP).
• Develop the School LAND Trust Plan.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan.
• Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school). SNAP
• Advise and make recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students.
• Develop a reading achievement plan.
The School Community Council meets the 3rd Friday of each month at 7:30 am. SCC is an open meeting.
|Landon Clard||SCC Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jeanne Hall||5th Gradeemail@example.com|
|Rachelle Park||4th Gradefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eileen Casey||1st Gradeemail@example.com|
|Marsha Lowe||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anisely Cannon||PTA Presidentemail@example.com|
|September 16, 2016|